The global oilfield equipment market size is expected to reach USD 127.6 billion by 2020, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Continuous technological advancements in tools for better performance, improved recovery rate, and higher production is expected to drive the global industry demand over the forecast period. Advancements in drilling techniques such as horizontal and directional drilling are expected to further boost the overall market demand in future.
Drilling equipment accounted for a share of 73.65% of the overall market revenue in 2013. The product segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% from 2014 to 2020. Onshore operations majorly involve use of enhanced machines and huge number of tools for better results. Others include tools and machines which are used before transportation activities. The segment is expected to grow at a significant CAGR of 3.9% from 2014 to 2020.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- North America was the leading regional market covering a market revenue share of 39.49% in 2013. High drilling activities to meet energy demand coupled with shale gas development was the major reason for its dominance. The market is expected to experience slow growth over the forecast period.
- Field production machinery accounted for 16.82% of overall market revenue share in 2013. The market is expected to witness slow growth over the next six years. Pumps & valves are expected to grow at a significant CAGR of 3.8% from 2014 to 2020 owing to increasing number of pipelines globally.
- Asia Pacific covered a market revenue share of 19.70% in 2013 and is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 4.5% from 2014 to 2020. China is expected to contribute maximum towards regional industry growth in future. Other countries including India, Thailand, and Indonesia are also expected to witness high market growth over the forecast period.
- Global market is highly fragmented in nature. Major companies are Schlumberger, Baker Hughes, National Oilwell Varco, Weatherford International, Halliburton, Cameron International, Aker Solutions, and Transocean. Technological breakthroughs in the industry are expected to raise profits and market share over the forecast period. Small industry participants find it difficult to survive in the overall market on account of its high risk and high capital nature.
Grand View Research has segmented the Oilfield Equipment market on the basis of product and region:
Oilfield Equipment Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Drilling Equipment
- Field Production Machinery
- Pumps & Valves
Oilfield Equipment Regional Outlook (USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com