The global ethylene copolymers market is expected to be valued at USD 67.02 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand from packaging industry is anticipated to favor market growth in the coming years.
In terms of revenue, ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) product type segment dominated the market in 2016 and is anticipated to ascend at a CAGR of 6.9% over the next eight years. In the packaging industry, EVA is widely used as shrinkage film as it contains a higher percentage of anti-blocking additives as compared to polyethylene. It also has the capability to provide low-temperature hot sealing, that enables energy savings and fast packaging speed, which is, in turn, expected to fuel market growth over the forecast period. Thus, the segment is anticipated to ascend at a steady CAGR over the next eight years.
The raw materials utilized for the manufacturing of ethylene copolymers are governed by various organizations such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). These organizations have also set various quality standards for the raw materials and end products manufactured from ethylene. EPA has levied strict regulations to encourage the production of environment-friendly products, such as ethylene oxide, from ethylene.
The Asia Pacific region is expected to ascend at the highest growth rate over the forecast period. Rising demand from the packaging industry, in emerging economies such as India and China, is expected to drive the market in the coming years. The Asia Pacific region is characterized by rising awareness regarding various applications of ethylene copolymers.
Access Research Report of Ethylene Copolymers Market @
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- In terms of product type, Ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) segment dominated the overall market in 2016 and this trend is expected to continue over the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is projected to progress at the highest 6.8% CAGR over the forecast period. Rising food consumption & technological innovations in countries such as China and India are projected to benefit the market growth in the region over the next eight years.
- The global demand for hot melt adhesive application was valued at USD 18.2 billion in 2016 and is anticipated to ascend at a steady CAGR of 6.8% over the next eight years
- The U.S. ethylene copolymers market was valued at USD 8.2 billion in 2016 and is estimated to reach USD 14.6 billion by 2025
- DuPont, Celanese Corporation, The Dow Chemical Company, BASF SE, Sipchem, and USI Corporation are some of the key players in the global market
Grand View Research has segmented the global ethylene copolymers market on the basis of application, type, end-use, and region:
Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Hot melt adhesives
- Asphalt modification
- Thermo adhesive films
Type Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA)
- Ethylene ethyl acrylate (EEA)
- Ethylene butyl acrylate (EBA)
- Ethylene propylene
End-use Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Building & Construction
Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com