The global specialty food ingredient market is expected to reach USD 116.50 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The industry is anticipated to grow substantially over the forecast period owing to increasing application of these products in the modern processing sector to meet a wide range of demand for diverse product qualities.
There has been various value addition in process technologies which help in efficient use of specialty ingredients in finished foodstuff. One of such advancements is the twin-screw extrusion lines developed by Clextral, which help in increasing the flexibility of various constituents during processing.
Various developments in encapsulation technologies to enhance aroma and taste differentiation, mask unpleasant odor and bad tasting components, increase their bioavailability and stabilize additives; have resulted in tremendous quality improvements in finished products. This in turn has helped in the processors in meeting various consumer demands.
The regulatory scenario plays a very important role in this industry. Frequently changing regulatory framework is a matter of concern for the industry players across the entire value chain. The agenda of health issues provides various opportunities for specialty ingredient reformulation and innovation. However, this requires innovation regarding technology regarding which the novel constituents play a crucial role.
The functional specialty food ingredientsare anticipated to be the fastest growing segment over the next decade and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% from 2017 to 2025. These products help overcome various diseases and provide good health. Hence, the requirement of such elements is more or less homogenous globally; however, recent practices of combining functional diet and molecular nutrition might challenge the conventional paradigm shift, is expected to drive the demand over the forecast period.
Access Research Report of Specialty Food Ingredients Market @
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Flavors are expected to be the fastest growing sensory ingredients. This market is characterized as innovative, technical and specialized in nature and its growth parameters include changing lifestyle of consumers, increased demand of convenience foodstuff
- Vitamins was the largest functional constituents segment in 2016. Natural and synthetic vitamins are the two types of vitamins used in end products
- Asia Pacific accounted for over 34% of the overall revenue in 2016
- Major companies actively operating in the industry in the present scenario would includeNaturex, Frutarom, KF Specialty Ingredients, Ingredion, DuPont, PPG Industries, Evonik, Kerry Group and Ashland Inc.
- Regulatory agencies play a crucial role in the growth of this industry. The NSF/ANSI defines marketing and labeling requirements for dietary products that contain organic ingredients. This standard allows the “contains organic ingredients” designation for products with organic content of 70% or more that complies with all other requirements of the standards
Grand View Research has segmented the global specialty food ingredients market on the basis of product and region:
Specialty Food Ingredient Product Outlook (USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Specialty sensory food ingredients
- Specialty functional food ingredients
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America (CSA)
- Middle East & Africa
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com